Monday, June 28, 2004

England woe

One day England might just make it to a final. Enough said about that.
Has anyone seen the Krispy Kream Calender that's doing the rounds at the moment (Dianne!!) Some mighty fine ladies on there. Mighty, being the operative word.
It's been really busy all week what with the football, the concerts in the park and the rain over the last few days. I'm finally beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel with regards to the backlog of bills and stuff that has accumulated over the last couple of weeks.
I've just got in after a pretty good night and got collared by my two boys and their cousin to bring in kebabs and chips at 2.30 in the morning!! They're all up watching a WWE special event on Sky TV, I pity our neighbours with all the noise, although they never say a word.
One blip in a n otherwise good nights work was when I was flagged down by a guy in Liverpool Street and asked to go to Charlton. On any night that is a nice ride, straight through the Blackwall tunnel and through Bugsbys Way, a doddle. Tonight though, the tunnel was shut and you only found out once you got to the turn off. The only alternative is to back track to the Rotherhithe tunnel. I did this, and so did everyone else so it took ages to get through. The guy in the back didn't look as if he had a pot to piss in so I thought to make it easier on everyone i'll fix the price at £25. He was more than pleased. I was well out of pocket but it's all swings and roundabouts out there and I'm sure i'll make it up with a "find" if you know what I mean. He gave me £30 in the end so it wasn't all bad. That's all for now.

No comments: