Thursday, April 27, 2006

What do cabbies do on their day off?

Sainsbury's Supermarket, Ladbroke Grove

I wasn't going to have a night off tonight but I was watching the Barcelona v AC Milan game on tv and dozed off. Continental games have a habit of doing that to me as they can be pretty boring at times. My daughter asked me if I had any batteries for her MP3 player and I said we could pop out to the local supermarket (Sainsbury's in Ladbroke Grove) to get some and a few other bit's and pieces.

Naughty Boy!!

When we got there the parking spaces had all been changed around in the last few days. The regular customers had to park at the far end of the car park making way for the disabled drivers at the front of the store. Not one to follow the rules, I parked right outside the front door in a disabled bay.

My Green Badge

A nightly ritual for me is the hanging up of the badge I wear whilst working. I have lost it many times over the years but now I hang it on a nail in my room so that I can always find it.

As a divorcee I have to do all the household chores ontop of my nights work. I do get some help from the kids but in general I prefer to do it myself. I made a Spanish Paella earlier (sorry no pic, it got eaten too quickly!!) so I had the dishes to do and the stove.

Coffee and a Danish Pastry or two.

One of my favourite cakes are Danish Pastries especially the ones with Cinnamon in them. I had a couple with coffee in my new England cup.

In to the living room to throw a few darts. I'm pretty good, even if I do say so myself, and regularly score 180 maximums. The wall below the board is peppered with holes where various amateurs have missed, none of them are mine. The 15 - 11 at the top of the right score board is how it currently stands between my two sons versus me and my brother Joe. We only play every so often when circumstances bring us all together but me and Joe are leading and my two sons can't handle that.


As the boys are out playing football somewhere I get a rare opporunity to have the TV for myself and put my feet up and watch some more football, even if it is Asian!!

Tomorrow is Thursday and the begining of the busy four nights work so I shall be out there refreshed and eager to earn a few quid. Not!

2 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

You've got the pic upload working correctly! Congrats.

That is one hell of a beautiful pic on that TV. I am jealous. ;)

Truckmann said...

Hi Wil
yes I did finally get the hang of getting the pictures to open up correctly. The new template helps but I also create a new post for each picture and then cut and paste the html for them into the current post. It also helps to tale the pictures with a higher resolution.

I am well pleased with the TV. It has something called Pixel Plus and the pictures are fantastic.