Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Keys

My daughter needed a lift to her friends house this morning and I couldn't find my keys so I had to take the spares. When I got back home I searched high and low for them but couldn't find them anywhere. I could have sworn I took them out of the door when I got in last night but came to the conclusion that I did leave them there and somebody had taken them for future use. Now I am too security conscious to let something like that go so I went straight round to the local hardware store and bought a replacement Yale barrel which came with 2 keys and I then got 2 more cut so that we could all have one. Total cost was £17. I had to trim the arm of the barrel to fit the lock but soon had it done and felt satisfied no one could get in with my lost/stolen key. I was debating whether to fit some sort of hidden switch under the dashboard of my cab as my cab keys were also on the bunch lost/stolen. I thought I'd leave it for today and get advice from somewhere. When the time came to collect my daughter I sent my son. Whilst I was at work I get a call from him saying that my daughter had my bunch of keys and they had somehow ended up in her bag. I threw a small fit but was actually glad they hadn't fallen into the wrong hands. Well at least now I have a spare barrel for my front door!!
I only did a couple of hours tonight as I wasn't in the mood.
I picked up my first celebrity in a long time and he's a personal favourite of mine. Richard Dreyfuss was just standing on the side of a road in Primrose Hill with an elegant lady, possibly his wife, but I wouldn't really know and asked me to take them to the O2 Centre in Finchley Road. There is a cinema complex there and some restaurants. I didn't get a chance to say anything to him as it was a short ride and he was deep in conversation with his companion and as he got out there was another couple waiting to get in. He paid me £10 for a £7 fare and that was that. I only did one more job after that then came home and watched Oceans 12 on DVD.

4 comments:

Joann said...

Hope it was his wife.

Do you keep a spare cab key with you?

I do, cliped to my jeans.

Truckmann said...

I keep the spares at home. I guess it would be wise to have one on me or at least concealed in the cab somewhere.
Love your blog by the way. I wasn't aware mine was being read the world over until I added the comment box. It must be great having all these regular riders, that doesn't happen too much in London as there's always plenty of work in the evenings. LC

Joann said...

keep that key on you. nice if you get locked out of your cab.

http://joannrides.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_joannrides_archive.html

Digital Business Coach- Udaybir Dagar said...

Bok den beste overnatting på feriehus kroatia, leiligheter nær sjøen, feriehus med basseng, villaer nær stranden ideelt for familier med barn, Makarska Riviera og øyene, Dalmatia.
Boka det bästa boendet för din semester hyra hus i kroatien på Makarska rivieran, ett stort urval av möblerade lägenheter vid havet, Villa med pool och rum att hyra i privat boende vid havet.
Wählen Sie Ferienhaus oder Ferienwohnung in Makarska; beste Unterkunft für Ihren Urlaub in Kroatien; Ferienhäuser mit Pool und Ferienwohnungen in Makarska Riviera, Dalmatien, ferienhaus kroatien mit pool, Privatunterkünfte, Campingplätze, Hotels in Makarska, Brela, Tucepi, Podgora.