Monday, April 26, 2004

Who still uses DOS

It's 3am on Monday morning and I have just got in. Nearly never went out at all as I'd been up my dads all day (he's 73) trying to show him how to use Word 2000. He still works at his age and uses a Word Perfect program in DOS but nobody else does so he's been told he has to use Word. I bought him a book from PC World and spent a few hours sittting with him explaining stuff but he was none the wiser when I left him. The saying "You can't teach an old dog new tricks" springs to mind.
Working on Sundays you tend to just hit the nearest mainline stations. Paddington is the best as the Heathrow Express brings a constant stream of passengers in to town until 11 or 12 at night. Victoria, Euston, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street and Waterloo are also extremely busy on a Sunday night. No nutcases out tonight just people wanting to get home after the weekend. Best job of the night: Victoria Station to Gants Hill. £37.20 Legal. Best tip £5 from a Gooner...I wonder why???