Thursday, November 18, 2004

Where's my money?

I had to send this lady an email last night when I got in from work.
"Dear Sarah
I don't know if you remember me or not but I picked you up in my cab in Baker street last night and drove you out to Osterly Park View Rd W7.
The fare was £31.60 and you never had any money on you so you gave me your business card and told me to come to your place of work today to collect the money. I explained to you that I am a night driver and do not go anywhere near that part of town till well after 8pm in the evenings but you started crying and were worried that your partner was going to beat you up. I was worried for you but you told me it would be ok. I was just wondering if you were ok and is there any way you could send me a cheque or something?
Hope to hear from you. Best Wishes. C. My Mobile Number is 078........
"
=============================================
This is the sort of thing that happens from time to time. It's not often for that much and more often than not I don't chase it up but £31 is a fair bit. I wouldn't mind but I only went out after the dismal England game at 10.30pm and every penny was needed. Still, I may hear from her otherwise i'll have to go to Farringdon to get it in person.

No comments: