Tuesday, November 30, 2004

She's paid me

The payment from that lady passenger finally arrived today. The initial fare was £31.60 and she sent me a cheque for £40. All that remains now is to pay it in and hope it's not made of rubber!!
Went out at 9.45pm last night as I had stayed in to watch my beloved Leeds United make complete mugs of themselves and lose to the bottom team, Rotherham United. There's not really a whole lot more I can say on the subect other than "Sebastian Sainsbury, get your bloody finger out son".
I only did a couple of jobs as there wasn't a lot about. The best one was probably Nam Long in Old Brompton road to Victoria station and then on to Flodden Road in Camberwell for £25.
I have to change another headlight on my cab. I'm sure there's something wrong with the electrics as they only seem to last a couple of months at a time and they're about £5 a pop each time I have to replace one. I should also give it a wash as it's absolutely minging. I'll see how I feel later on.

1 comment:

G. F. McDowell said...

FYI, because the two headlights are operated by the same switch, when one bulb is older than the other, they draw unequal amounts of current, and you wind up constantly replacing them. Replace automotive bulbs in pairs, is what my father always told me, and it really seems to work out in the long run.