Thursday, January 06, 2005

Tsunami

I guess I should start this blog with the Tsunami in The Indian Ocean.Unbelievable, is really all I can say. So much destruction and loss of life. So many children just washed away. Whole villages and communities gone forever. All I can say is if there is One, He sure does work in mysterious ways. Fair play to everyone who's contributed to the various appeals and raised so much money to help these people.
In the taxi trade the New Year if often reffered to as "The Kipper Season", probably because in the old days people had to economise due to the lack of work and feed their families with kippers. It generally doesn't affect me but I have to say that these last few days have been desperate and I may well hit Sainsbury's today for a few packs of the smelly fish for me and the kids!
I have to take my dog to the vet later as he's hurt his leg and is limping really badly. I need that like a hole in the head at the moment.

No comments: