Monday, August 30, 2004

Notting Hill Carnival

The Notting Hill Carnival is in full swing at the moment and I'm just waiting for it to die down for tonight before I go out. I was out in it yesterday and was really busy for the duration of the evening but the later it got the lairier the punters. The last lot were picked up in the west end and wanted Bonchurch Road in Ladboke Grove. They were all high on poppers and by the time I was half way there I had been offered poppers, charlie and a drink of Dom Perignon Champagne all of which I gracefully declined. Then they wanted the radio on full blast and could I put 90.20 FM on. I duly obliged and the cab was rocking from side to side as they danced to the beat. As we approached the Carnival area the roads had been re-opened and I was able to drive through although there were still loads of people in the middle of the roads obviously well drunk or worse. What will it be like at this moment I wonder?
I had a nice job on Saturday night. The trains were out at Paddington and there were queues of people trying to get everywhere. I picked up a lady who wanted to go out to Henley on Thames. She wanted a price and I told her £90 to which she tried to haggle me down to £70 but I was having none of it so she agreed to pay in the end.
Oh well I think I've put it off for long enough. Notting Hill here I come.

1 comment:

imrankhanmani said...

Nice Post, Thanks For sharing. When you want the best taxi service at an affordable price, we are the right choice for you.
Peppard Taxi service
Henley To Heathrow Taxi